Clayko make it their business to research and investigate the best practices in Document Management from around the world. We’re happy to provide you with this information.
- For DPI = 200 To avoid file sizes being too large and for most scanning purposes, little improvement in quality does not warrant the larger file sizes and processing times.
- Certain features may require a higher DPI level for the scans – such as encryption or if OCR is critical to your process. It is worth considering all the business requirements for the project initially to ensure you are using the optimum DPI.
- We recommend Black & White over Greyscale. Black and white is a standard that is more widely supported by software products. If more detail is required to render the scan useful for your purposes, use Colour rather than black and white.
- Only use colour when necessary. Colour scans create file sizes much larger than black and white and take longer to process.
- Use Searchable PDF as the output process if you ultimately want to perform some full text searches on the content of the documents.
- Document preparation is a key component to the scanning process. Correct page orientation and the removal of all staples and clips is very important. They can easily damage your scanner requiring costly repair time and replacement parts.
- Using barcodes printed on separate pages is the recommended approach when performing any bulk scanning procedure. Whether defining the end of a multi-page document or even defining the “category” or document type, barcodes can then be auto-detected and applied in the software during the indexing process.
- When printing barcodes use Code39 or Code128 symbology, which are the two industry standards and are supported in most software systems.
Best Practices for Managing and Securing SharePoint 2007
Synopsis: Webcast sharing global best practices of SharePoint 2007 including:
- Encrypting SharePoint document libraries
- Managing SharePoint server and content virus protection
- Providing real time snapshot backup of SharePoint and SQL data; enabling secured remote access to SharePoint sites and servers
- Monitoring SharePoint to maintain high availability and reliability of SharePoint environments
SharePoint Customization Best Practices
This white paper addresses the question of how to customise your SharePoint environment. Various customisation elements and implementation strategies are discussed.